Come in and take a look!
Now accepting good quality furniture.
(no beds/mattresses or children’s furniture please)
Drop off & pick up only during business hours.
Do not leave items in the parking lot.
We are unable to help load and unload, so please be prepared.
Do you wonder what we do with the money we raise?
Over the past year, the PECMH Auxiliary raised over $250,000 for work in our community. Recent contributions/donations to the Picton hospital include:
- $50,000 to the Foundation for improvements to our hospital
- New over-bed tables and visitors’ chairs for the patients’ rooms
- New furniture for the Mary Catherine Scott suite (a respite apartment for family members of seriously ill patients)
- A new television for the Endoscopy waiting room and six new chairs for the Colonoscopy clinic
- $150,000 to the Foundation’s fundraising campaign for ultrasound and mammography equipment
- $12,000 honorarium for spiritual care to patients and families
- $12,000 for scholarships for County residents pursuing post-secondary education in the health sciences field
Here’s what we’re working on:
- $23,000 towards the new Cardiac Rehabilitation unit at the Picton Clinic
- Support for Hospice Prince Edward
The Auxiliary shall support and assist Quinte Health Care Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital, its patients and staff, and the local community in meeting their healthcare needs through service and fundraising.
to learn more or to become a volunteer!
Filed Under: Shop Local
About the Author: